Yoga in Schools
I believe passionately that yoga benefits schools. Yoga can help teachers by promoting a relaxed and calm approach, enabling them to manage stress more easily. Incorporating yoga classes for parents and teachers fosters a sense of community and well-being within the school environment.
Benefits of Yoga for children
- Reduces stressful behaviour
- Creates a relaxed and focused mind ready for learning
- Improves self-esteem
- Improves happiness and tolerance
- Improves sleeping disturbances
- Creates core body strength
Experience & Qualifications
- I am an experienced and qualified Primary Teacher and a certified Yoga Teacher.
- I have taught Key Stage 1 and 2 for over 18 years.
- I have practiced and studied yoga for over 20 years.
- I have taught yoga to children from the ages of 6 to 11 for over 5 years.
- Yoga to groups of children from 6 to 11 years
- Yoga to groups of teachers
- Yoga to groups of parents
- Groups of 8 or more children subsidised rate of £4 for 45 min (per child)
- Groups of 8 or more adults subsidised rate of £5 an hour (per adult)